I started the #OneItemAMonth challenge in January 2021 with the goal of becoming more conscious about my purchases and purchasing items I really love and am proud to own as opposed to items that are on trend for that season only. Gone are the days of my £300, 20 item ASOS hauls and in their place are more premium single-item orders containing an item that I can style year round for years to come.
I’ll be the first to admit that I’ve failed to buy only one item in recent months (my month long trip to the US certainly didn’t help at all!), but I can still feel myself thinking about each purchase more than I ever did before. And, while #OneItemAMonth may not be for me in the long run, it’s this extra thought that I really wanted to develop, so I’d call the whole exercise a success.
Now, onto the purpose of this post! The next item that I’m hoping to add to my wardrobe is a pair of black booties. I have a pair of waterproof, suede Blondo booties that I love, but would like to add a leather pair to my shoe collection. Here are five pairs of black boots that I’m deciding between:
- Christian Louboutin: I love the simplicity of these and the chunkier sole makes me think they actually stand a chance at surviving the damp London winter.
- See by Chloé: When it comes to luxury fashion, I consider See by Chloé a very accessible brand and the Eileen hiking boots I purchased in 2019 have become one of my favorite items in my wardrobe. I love that these booties have a mix of black and brown and very subtle branding.
- Fendi: These are the edgiest, chunkiest boot on this list and not something I would’ve ever imagined myself owning before I stumbled across them. I love the simplicity of the boot mixed with the funky Fendi-branded sole.
- Gucci: I think this is the closest I can get to lace-up combat boots. I can’t decide if I love or hate the gold Gucci logo, so they’re definitely a pair that needs to be tried on and considered carefully.
- Gianvito Rossi: I find shearling-lined boots pretty hit or miss, but I absolutely love the look at these. They’re super glam but still look entirely practical, and I can just picture myself strolling through Alpine villages in them!
Which ones would you buy?!
p.s. Hi! It’s been awhile! I’m hoping to get back into blogging and share our home renovation in 2022, but apparently my indecisiveness over a pair of black boots means I’m back earlier than expected. I hope to be pressing ‘publish’ a bit more frequently moving forward, so keep your eyes out. x Kelly