Here at Mongan Moments (including https://www.monganmoments.com), hereinafter referred to as ‘I’, I value your privacy and am committed to maintaining an open and honest relationship with you. I am delighted that you have chosen to indulge in life’s little moments with me, and am not interested in selling or renting your information to other companies for for any reason.
That’s essentially the BLUF (bottom line up front for those of you who aren’t business nerds!), but I need to include a whole lot more to be fully compliant, so please read on if you want to know all of the small, small, really small print. To be honest, I don’t even understand most of this stuff, but I’m trying my best. So here we go:
As one of my readers or subscribers, the General Data Protection Regulation (a.k.a. GDPR) ensures you have the right to:
- understand how your data is collected, stored, and used;
- have access to your personal data, including comments made on this site, email addresses on my email list, name information;
- ask me to change or delete the personal data I have on file for you;
- ask me to stop sending you emails or newsletters (I’ll be sad, but I promise I’ll delete you and I’ll eventually get over it!)
Mongan Moments abides by GDPR regulations when it comes to the storage and use of your personal data. If you wish to have your information updated or removed, including comments on this website, your email address from my mailing list, or any other personal data you think I might have, please reach out to me at firstname.lastname@example.org. If you do choose to keep your data with me, please know that I am not in the business of selling or renting your data to any businesses. I really just want to send you my newsletter and show you my kitchen renovation and really don’t care if some other company wants your data, too. They can ask for it from you directly if they care that much! I also do not retain secondary copies of your data and, when any information is removed, it will be permanently removed.
What Information Do I Collect?
- User Submitted Information: There are sections of https://www.monganmoments.com where users can manually submit information about themselves. This information is stored and used in the following manner:
- COMMENTS – When you comment on a page or post on Mongan Moments, the information you provide is stored as part of that comment. I use WordPress for my blog, so it’s stored there. I do not share this information with anyone; however, the name and website that you provide will be public on the page that you commented on. Don’t worry about your email address, though – that’s not going anywhere! It’s only a part of the form so you can know if I respond to your comment! I don’t copy and paste your comments into some other platform or print them out and frame them (though I have considered that before); they are stored on WordPress, and WordPress only. If you want one deleted, let me know. I’ll delete it. And then it won’t be stored anywhere. It’ll be gone. Forever.
- CONTACT FORM – I have a Contact form on my website that allows users to reach out to me and (hopefully) brands that want to work with me to contact me. When you submit a request via the Contact form, the information in the form gets popped into an email, which goes to my inbox over at email@example.com. This information is not stored anywhere and is only used so I can respond back to you.
- NEWSLETTER SIGN UPS – There are a few places on this website where you can subscribe to my newsletter (yeah, the one that I never send). The information that you provide in these sections is stored on a third-party website that I use for sending newsletters, called Mailchimp. Mailchimp claims to be GDPR compliant. Please see the ‘Newsletter’ section below for further information.
- User Behavior and Analytics: I automatically collect certain information about you and the device you are using to access my website. This is called analytics and it’s really nerdy but super useful for little ole me who is trying to be the best content provider I can possibly be. I collect this information via Google Analytics and it includes behavioral stuff like how long you spend on my site, which pages you visit, and what page makes you cringe so hard that you actually choose to leave my site. I use all of this information to provide better content. Oh, and I don’t even know who it belongs to because your IP Address has been made Anonymous and the behavioral data is only viewed at an aggregate level.
If you subscribe to my newsletter, I need to store your email address. This is because my newsletter goes out via email and there’s literally no other way for me to get it to you. So, I store your email address. If you include your name while signing up, I’ll store that to so I can address you properly and personalize an email from time to time. This information is stored on Mailchimp, the platform that I use to send out newsletters. You can update your preferences or unsubscribe at any time by following the links in any of my previous newsletters; if you unsubscribe, your information is deleted from Mailchimp and you will no longer receive any emails from me. I do not store a second copy of your Name and Email Address, so unsubscribing from the newsletter will permanently delete all records of your information.
Third Party Use of Personal Information
I will not share your personal information with third parties unless you explicitly authorize me to do so.
Additionally, I may use third-party service providers to service various aspects of the Mongan Moments website. Each third-party service provider’s use of your personal information is dictated by their respective privacy policies.
Mongan Moments currently uses the following third-party service providers:
- Google Analytics – this service tracks Website usage and provides behavioral information related to visitors to Mongan Moments. Google Analytics may capture your IP address, but no other personal information is captured by Google Analytics. I have anonymized my Google Analytics data and never look at non-aggregated data.
- Shareaholic – You’ll probably notice some numbers above the sharing buttons on my blog posts. This shows how many people have shared that post. It’s to encourage others to share it, and to help me see how many people share each post. Again, this is all about creating better content. To be honest, I’m not exactly sure where these numbers come from (I’m looking into it), but if you share one of my posts, it’s likely that your share will be counted in the number.