Everyone deserves a dud month from time to time, and April was definitely mine. First of all, it FLEW by. Before I even read a page in a book, it was halfway through the month, and then the end of the month popped around the corner before I had a moment to breathe! It was the odd month where I barely finished anything, but I’m halfway through multiple things. I feel like I just picked up something random each day, so I felt like I never made any progress on any of them, but I’ll probably finish them all early into May!
It was definitely a weird reading month for me, and I’m hoping I get out of this funk and back into my reading routine in May.
Note: This post may contain affiliate links. To read more about affiliate links, check out my Disclaimer.
Books I Finished
I read the following 2 books in April. I have linked to my review of each of them:
- Still Me by Jojo Moyes – I wrote a review that I was so happy with and it somehow didn’t save! This is my book of the month, though, so read more below!
- Hurricane Season by Lauren K. Denton (ARC)
ARC = I received a free copy of this book from the publisher via NetGalley in exchange for a review. You can read my review by clicking the link above.
Book of the Month
I probably wouldn’t have finished a single book this month if it weren’t for Still Me and the incredible weather we had in London. I needed the quick, familiar story and influx of sunshine in order to get back into reading! Still Me gave the closure that every Me Before You and After You fan needed and also introduced some new, extremely lovable characters (and some frustrating ones!). I thoroughly enjoyed reading the third book in this trilogy and can’t wait to see what Jojo Moyes brings out next! If you haven’t read this trilogy, I highly recommend both Me Before You and After You. And, when you finish those…
Books I’m Currently Reading
- The Girl with Seven Names by Hyeonseo Lee
- The Cuckoo’s Calling by Robert Galbraith (Audiobook)
- The Hate U Give by Angie Thomas
- A Short History of Drunkenness by Mark Forsyth (Audiobook)
- You are a Badass at Making Money by Jen Sincero
I must admit. I haven’t made ANY progress on You are a Badass at Making Money, but I’m not giving up on it. I just haven’t had time to sit down and actually work on our finances! I’m feeling quite motivated in the finance department now, though, so I think I’ll be able to make some progress in May!
Books I Purchased/Downloaded/Borrowed
On the bright side, despite my lack of reading, I was much better financially in April. I’m really determined the get through the books I already have before buying more, so I tried my hardest to stay off of Amazon. I only paid for 1 new book this month and it was a cookbook! I spent £14 total and added 5 books to my reading list:
- The Way of Beauty by Camille Di Malo (Kindle First) – Free on Kindle Unlimited in the UK!
- Inspiralized and Beyond by Ali Maffucci – can’t wait to cook these recipes!
- Still Me by Jojo Moyes (Library)
- The Hate U Give by Angie Thomas (Library)
- Songs of Love and War by Santa Montefiore (Library)
- The Almost Wife by Jade Beer (ARC) – Available for pre-order under £1/$1.50!
Note: Deals mentioned are active as of 2 May 2018.
Reading Challenge Progress
- Popsugar Reading Challenge: Progress This Month: 1 – Overall Progress: 13/40
- Reading Goal: Progress This Month: 2 – Overall Progress: 20/60
For those of you following along with my PopSugar Reading Challenge progress, I ticked off the following prompts this month:
- A book with a weather element in the title (Hurricane Season)